Addis Ababa, March 13, 2012 (WIC) - An Egyptian Medical Team arrived here to provide a week long surgical treatment to patients in three hospitals in the capital, Egyptian Embassy to Ethiopia said on Monday.
According to a statement the Embassy sent to ENA on Monday, the ten member team will provide the surgical treatment at Ras Desta, Yekatit 12 and Menelik II hospitals.
Biomedical engineers will also repair medical devices in the stated hospitals.
Egyptian Ambassador to Ethiopia, Mohamed Edrees said the team is here to provide assistance to the people of Ethiopia in all fields in particular in the health sector.
He stressed the depth of the common bonds that link the peoples of the two countries, and pointed out that the relations between the two parties gained considerable momentum after the Egyptian revolution of January 25, 2011, according to the statement.
The relation between Ethiopia and Egypt is of the oldest relation in the history of Africa as it dates back to the Pharaonic era through the trade trips between the two countries.
According to ENA, diplomatic ties between Ethiopia and Egypt were established in 1927 to be of the oldest diplomatic relations in the world.
|< Prev||Next >|
- Somalia Re-Opens its National Intelligence & Security Agency
- Eritrean rebels claim to have killed dozens of intelligence agents
- Al Shabaab on move to recruit young fighters ahead of massive military assault
- ENCDC holds a conference on the prevailing of freedom, democracy and justice in Eritrea
- Tana High-Level Forum kicks off
- In 2014 Chinese-African trade will surpass $200 billion
- Kenya, Somalia vow to eliminate Al-Shabaab
- Meeting of Eastern Africa Defense, Security Council in Nairobi